In all our Plan-IT products is an update procedure. To be able to use this, you will need administrator rights in Plan-IT and on your network.
Before you can begin with the update, all users from all establishments need to close Plan-IT. You also need to stop all background tasks that are connected with Plan-IT. Think of the Autoline ODBC connection, Incadea statuses program, Plan-IT Export program, Plan-IT Welcome, Plan-IT Import program or external applications that are connected to Plan-IT via ODBC.
Performing the update
- Start Plan-IT on 1 workplace and log in with an account that has Administrator rights.
- Click in the menubar on the option System.
- Select the option Check for new version.
Plan-IT closes itself and the update program is started.
- Click on the Start button to let the update program search for updates. When a new version is available the program will indicate this.
- Click on the Yes button to download the update.
- Click on the OK button to close the update window.
When the update is finished, Plan-IT needs to perform a database update. To do this, start Plan-IT again with the option Run as Administrator.
The database update can take a while. How fast the update is performed depends on your network speed and the number os establishments. Do not close this (even when it seems that Plan-IT is not doing anything, it can take a while before Plan-IT has finished the database update).
When you work with terminal servers, start Plan-IT on each terminal server once with the option Run as Administrator.
When the update is finished, all users can start Plan-IT again.
On this website you can check the product page to see what is the most recent version of Plan-IT.
When the update program states that there is no newer version available and the website shows a more recent version, you might need to clear the cache of Internet Explorer (clear browser cache).
When you still have an older version of Plan-IT (v4.100.xxx) then contact us (email@example.com) so we can assist you with installing the most recent version.