Mail to replacement car department depending on the selected car
It has always been possible in Plan-IT to send an e-mail to the replacement car department when the replacement car option is turned on in the work order (when no replacement car from Plan-IT is selected).
Follow the below steps to turn on an option to always get a pop-up window, asking if an e-mail should be sent to the replacement car department.
- In the menubar, click on the option System.
- Select the option System settings.
- In the first row of tabs, go to Connections.
- Then go to Mail in the second row of tabs.
- Put a check in the box with the option Always ask if the e-mail needs to be sent. Even if a native replacement car is selected.
With this option turned on, Plan-IT will show a pop-up window with each work order where replacement transport is selected, asking if you want to have the replacement car e-mail to be sent, also when a native Plan-IT replacement car is selected:
This way you can inform the replacement car department about the prerference of the customer regarding the replacement transport. (You do not create replacement cars in Plan-IT, but different types of cars).
Specific e-mail address
You have the option to enter a specific e-mail address for a replacement car. WHen an e-mail address is entered here, Plan-IT will send the replacement car e-mail to this e-mail address. This makes it possible to use multiple replacement car departments. Depending on the selected replacement car, the e-mail will go to another department.
To configure a specific e-mail address for a replacement car:
- In the menubar, click on the option File.
- Select the option Replacement car.
- The Replacement car window appears. In the field Type, click on the button to select a replacement car.
- Then enter a specific e-mail address in the field E-Mail where the e-mail should be sent to when this replacement car is selected in a work order.
When no specific e-mail address is entered in a replacement car, Plan-IT will automatically use the mail e-mail address that is entered in the System settings.